1858 – Church of Our Lady, Star of the Sea, Sandymount, Dublin
The main facade with its three gables demonstrates the interior layout; the aisles and nave are the same width. Designed by J.J. McCarthy in 1851-58, it was later extended by W.H. Beardwood between 1889 and 1891. A tower and spire proposed by McCarthy at the south west corner was never constructed.