Architect: W. F. Poulton
“This building was completed in 1862. It is constructed of Longridge stone coarse with rough face. All the dressings are also of Longridge stone, worked fair. The tower and spire at the angle are 87 feet high. The staircase to the small gallery at the end of the chapel is contained in the tower. An entrance is also obtained in the tower to the chapel, but the principal entrance is in a porch at the side. At the back of the chapel, in the rear of the apse, the vestry for the use of the minister; also the beating-chamber, dec; and above these is a room sufficiently spacious for a school-room for the present.
The interior has a plastered ceiling with arched timber ribs and purlins. The whole of the internal fittings are of deal, stained and varnished.
The accommodation is for about 500 persons. The coat of the chapel, including the iron fencing and gates, was 2,003. Heating, lighting, ventilation, and laying out the ground, have together cost 1892.10s. Mr. W. F. Poulton, of Reading, was the architect; and Mess. Cooper & Tallis, of Preston, were the contractors.” From The Builder, November 14 1863.