Architect: H.A. Darbishire
“This clock-tower has been built by Miss Burdett Coutts, for the convenience of the tenants of Columbia Square. It is situate in the centre of the quadrangle, and contains a striking clock with four dials, to which access is obtained by ornamental iron gates on its north and south sides. Upon the alternate sides are panels containing inscriptions which relate to the accommodation, etc of the surrounding buildings. The tower is 12 feet square at the base, and 35 feet high to the top of the vane; and it is composed entirely of Aubigny stone of good quality. The various details aud carvings have been executed with care. The contractor was Mr. R. C. Baker of Park-street, Camberwell.” Published in The Builder, January 3rd 1863.