1864 – Allied Irish Bank, Arran Quay, Dublin
Fine small bank branch in an Italianate style with manager’s residence to the rear. The interior of the banking hall is ornate without being overpowering. The original bank was built in 1864 to designs of Charles Geoghegan in an Italianate style. In 1923 (possibly after damage sustained in the Civil War), the bank to the front was demolished and a new banking hall constructed by George L. O’Connor. This included the granite exterior.