Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1865 – Church of Ireland, Abbeyleix, Co. Laois

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: John Semple / T.H. Wyatt

cofi_lge

cofi2_lgecofi2_lge

Originally designed by John Semple in 1825, only the western end with his trademark austerity survives. The rest is from 1865 by T.H. Wyatt. Semple’s church was vaulted internally in stone.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1883 – Matlock Bath Pavilion & Gardens, Derbyshire

Architect: J. Nutall The Matlock Bath pavilion was completed around 1884. Also known as the Palais Royal, it wasan ambitious...

Close