1865 – No. 39 “Lucky Coadys”, Dame Street, Dublin

Architect: William Fogerty


“Lucky Coady’s” gets its name from its past as a small shop that sold Irish Sweepstakes tickets, having sold many winning tickets over the years. The shop has a fine Victorian facade with some original tiles inside the doorways. Like so many along Dame Street, the building was constructed for an insurance firm – the West of England Life & Fire Insurance Company.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com