Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
mythumbnail

1869 – St. John the Evangelist Church, Hailey, Oxfordshire

Architect: Clapton C. Rolfe

0002

0003

Designed by the young architect Clapton Crabb Rolfe, whose father Rev. George Crabb Rolfe was the Vicar. The Oxford Diocesan Architect George Edmund Street condemned Rolfe’s first designs as “needlessly eccentric”. The completed church has a strangely-shaped bell-turret. Published in The Building News, May 6th 1870.