1870 – Former Bank of Ireland, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Sandham Symes

bankofireland_lge

A large fine Classically-composed bank building on an awkward corner site, the two end bays are curved to fit the site. It successfully negotiates an awkward corner site with elevations clearly expressed on two streets, forming an elegant landmark in High Street. No longer in use as a bank, now a bar.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com