Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1875 – Former Convent, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

old_convent_lge

This attractive former convent and school displays varied decorative detailing from the elegant dog-tooth mouldings to the more robust rock-faced plinth. This decoration together with the contrasting brick and stone construction make this a striking landmark along Dublin Road. Now apartments.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1865 – Whitworth Hall, Drogheda, Co. Louth

Architect: William Barre Built by Benjamin Whitworth for the benefit of the citizens of Drogheda, this vigourous composition in Lombardo-Romanesque...

Close