Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1875 – Oarsman Public House, Ringsend, Dublin


Elaborate stucco facade marks out this public house from the rest of the street – the pediment contains a representation of a round tower, a celtic high cross and an Irish Wolfhound – the epitome of Irishness. Decorated by stuccodores Burnet and Comerford, whose masterpiece was the sadly demolished Irish House bar on Winetavern Street and Wood Quay. Shame about the fake “ye olde worlde” shopfront at street level

Read previous post:
1904 – Former School, Irishtown, Dublin

Architect: J.F. Fuller In use for many years as a gospel hall, the congregation moved here from the more elaborate...