1878 – Bahnhof Alexanderplatz, Berlin

Architect: Johann Eduard Jacobsthal



Horribly clad on the exterior, this station on the S-Bahn still has its original 19th century heart. Originally designed by Johann Eduard Jacobsthal, it was reconstructed by Hans Joachim May before further additions made during the era of East Germany. Like other stations on the S-Bahn, it has a fine iron structure covering the elevated platforms.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com