1880 – Soldier’s Institute, Conyngham Road, Dublin

Architect: James H. Bridgford / Sir Thomas Drew

soldiers_institute_doorway_detail_lge

soldiers_institute_window_detail_lge

A fine Victorian building which while undergoing renovation into offices unfortunately had its chimneys removed, leaving a bland skyline. The building has some excellent decorative detailing around the windows and main porch. Later additions of 1885-87 by Sir Thomas Drew.

Latest News

September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30
September 21, 2016: Grafton Architects to receive IDI President’s Choice Award


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com