1880 – Truro Cathedral, Cornwall
Construction began in 1880 to a design by the architect John Loughborough Pearson, after an architectural competition. The design combines the Early English style with certain French characteristics, chiefly spires and rose windows. Truro’s resemblance to Lincoln Cathedral is not coincidental: Pearson had been appointed as Lincoln’s Cathedral architect and the first Bishop of Truro, Edward Benson, had previously been Canon Chancellor at Lincoln. The central tower and spire stands 250 feet (76 m) tall, while the western towers reach to 200 feet (61 m).