1881 – Little Park House, Chiswick, London

Architect: C.M. Stedman

0008

Designed for R. Lathbury esq. and published in The Building News, October 14th 1881. “The site of this house is the south-west angle of the fine old garden of Park House, Chiswick, and has a frontage on the south to a second-rate street. This explains the model of the plan arrangement. The small windows of the principal rooms facing the street are to be filled with lead glazing, so as to secure sunlight without outlook. The walls are of stock bricks with red Freham quoins and dressings. The decorative brickwork are mainly formed of Mr. James Brown’s moulded bricks, thus reducing the cutwork to a minimum. The builders are Messrs. Adamson, of Turhham-green, and the architect, Mr. C.M. Stedman, of 7, Telford-avenue, Streatham-hill.”

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com