1881 – Postfuhramt , Berlin
The Postfuhramt housed the central office of Berlin’s pneumatic postal system as well as the main post office for packages. In addition, the building contained a postal and telegraph school. Beneath the roof were sleeping quarters and dressing rooms for the postal staff, and in the courtyard were coach houses for the mail carriages and horse stables. Scientists and inventors who contributed greatly to the development of communication are portrayed on the 24 medallions on the building’s facade. The building is currently empty.