1882 – Royal St. Anne’s Asylum, Redhill, Surrey
Design published in The Building News, September 30th 1882. Never built to this design, the building as designed by Hickmay and Sons was a large, four storied red brick edifice in the shape of a letter H, with a central clock tower 125 feet high, about twice the height of the rest of the structure. The building was always an imposing feature that faced Redhill and, being on higher ground, tended to be the town’s dominant feature. It was demolished in 1987.