1883 – Matlock Bath Pavilion & Gardens, Derbyshire
The Matlock Bath pavilion was completed around 1884. Also known as the Palais Royal, it wasan ambitious structure with a 228ft frontage of mainly glass. For many years it had a resident orchestra and the main stage drew stars such as Sarah Bernhardt. It was replaced in 1910 by the current pavilion.