Architect: Paley & Austin
Largely built as designed and illustrated, the church is still existing as St. John the Baptist. Considered to be one of Paley & Austin’s finest works and consecrated by Dr. Moorhouse, Bishop of Manchester on 24th June, 1887. The great East window was designed by Messrs. Burslem of London and was a gift of the Misses Elletson of Parrox Hall in memory of Reverend Dr. Gardner. The West window was dedicated to Mr. T. Corless of Springfield House and constructed by Mayer and Co., of London and Munich.