1886 – Birkenhead Public Abattoirs, Cheshire

Architect: Bleakley & Cubbon


Published in The Building News, August 27th 1886. In 1885 Thomas Cubbon went into partnership with Alexander Bleakley, a fellow pupil, to form the Birkenhead and Douglas (Isle of Man) architectural firm of Bleakley & Cubbon. Within only a few years their commission for the new 1888 – Nobles Hospital & Dispensary, Isle of Man was complete. The partnership was dissolved in 1888.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com