1886 – City of Exeter Lunatic Asylum, Devon

Architect: R. Stark Wilkinson


Published in The Building News May 16th 1884. Built 1884-86. Closed in 1987. Chapel, Ballroom, Admin block and many of the wards fronting the original building have survived, converted to housing.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com