1886 – No.7 Westmoreland Street, Dublin
Designed by G.C. Ashlin to resemble a French Renaissance corner pavilion, this building was the result of an architectural competition for offices for the Northern Fire and Life Assurance Company. The winning design published in The Building News November 19th 1886, as was a runner-up design by Sir Thomas Drew.
When the previous building on the site was being demolished, old signage was found under more recent signage. “For many years the premises have been occupied by musicsellers – the removal a few days ago of the modern sign boards revealed the names of the firm of “Robinson, Bussell, and Robinson,” and underneath, “Royal Harmonic Saloon.””