Architect: W.S. Weatherley
The church dates from the Norman period but has substantial later medieval work. Until the fourteenth century, the church was dedicated to St. Leonard, but the church was re-dedicated to St. Mary who was more popular at this time. After the chancel collapsed in the nineteenth century, a major restoration was carried out in 1886 by W. S. Weatherley. Perspective View including ground plan published in The Building News, September 16th 1887.