Architect: Walter Emden
Published in The Building News, August 27th 1886. Terry’s Theatre was built by Walter Emden on the site of the old Coal Hole public house and music hall on the Strand. The Theatre opened on the 17th of October 1887 with the farce ‘The Churchwarden.’ In 1905 the theatre was altered by the renowned architect and theatre builder, Frank Matcham. As with so many other theatres, it closed as a live Theatre in 1910 and was converted to a cinema. Demolished in 1923 to accommodate the widening of the Strand.