Architect: Higgs & Rudkin
Designed for for W. Claude Johnson esq. “This residence has lately been erected from the designs of Messrs. Higgs and Rudkin, architects, the builder being Mr. H.L. Holloway of New Cross and Deptford. The building is of red brick, with terracotta window dressings, hanging tiles, half-timber work, and Broseley tile roof. The entrance hall is 31ft by 25ft, with a panelled dado and handsome oak staircase and arcading. The house is lighted throughout by electric light.” As published in The Building News, September 2nd 1887.