1888 – Bacon Curing Factory, Kemp Street, Cork
Belonging to Lunham Brothers, a Birds Eye Perspective View of the new factory including plan was published in The Architect, February 24th 1888. According to the guide for the Cork International Exhibition: This well known Firm of provision curers and packers commenced business at their stores in Kemp Street in the year 1833. The works cover between 3 and 4 acres and 80 men are regularly engaged at them in preparing all classes of salt and fresh provisions for home consumption and the export trade. The bacon hams etc bearing the firm’s brand are highly esteemed in the leading markets of the United Kingdom and abroad and the attractive exhibit of these goods at the Exhibition will doubtless prove of special interest to connoisseurs.