1891 – St. Michan’s Church, Halston Street, Dublin
G.C. Ashlin rebuilt St. Michan’s Roman Catholic church, which was originally built on Anne Street North, in 1891 with a new façade and tower on Halston Street.
Described in 1837 as “he chapel in North Anne-street is a splendid edifice, built entirely of granite; it is in the later English style, with three finely arched entrances in the front, which terminate above in a sharply pointed gable, embattled and surmounted with a cross; the interior is richly ornamented with sculpture, and the ceiling is elaborately groined, the intersecting arches springing from heads of saints finely sculptured; the altar is embellished with paintings of the Virgin and Child, and of St. Francis, copied from Guido. “