Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1893 – Former Bank, College Green, Dublin

Architect: W.H. Lynn

former_aib_lge

A former branch of the Allied Irish Bank in a striking red sandstone and with an unusual circular corner tower. A fine interior hall contains a balcony level (perhaps to observe the customers) on fine Corinthian columns. Now a bar, the interior has mostly survived intact with the exception of the original balcony.

    Read previous post:
    1821 – Houses, Foster Place, Dublin

    Architect: Francis Johnston Two fine houses with fine cut stone ground floor levels, in this leafy cul-de-sac off Dame Street....

    Close