Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Linkedin Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr
mythumbnail

1895 – Former Hospital, North Brunswick Street, Dublin

Architect: Carroll & Bachelor

brunswick_ext_lge

brunswick_ext2_lgebrunswick_ext3_lgebrunswick_ext_detail_lge

Now in use as a district court, this is a fine former hospital building with an elaborate street frontage with corner pavilions. Like many buildings around Ireland that were constructed by the Board of Works, there is a myth that the design was intended for a far-flung British colony – usually as a result of the exotic Victorian design.