Architects: S. Frank Peters & George Browne
The smaller of the two universities based in Winnipeg, but the more central campus, located off Portage Avenue, the University of Winnipeg presents a stern face to the world. Its origins began much earlier with the establishment of two denominational institutions in the late 1800s: Manitoba College (1871) and Wesley College (1888). These later merged to form United College and then became the University of Winnipeg on July 1, 1967. The current campus consists of buildings on threee blocks.