Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1897 – Former St. Andrew’s National Schools, Pearse Street, Dublin

Architect: William Hague



Now a community resource centre, this fine Victorian building was constructed as boys and girls national schools in 1895-97. The five part composition has a central breakfront with decorative terracotta trim and a central cupola. The two wings with their curvilinear gables are joined to the central block by a three bay block with red brick dressing to offset the yellow brick.

Read previous post:
1862 – Enterprise Centre, Pearse Street, Dublin

Architect: Alfred Darbyshire Fine eight storey, five bay stone warehouse, with projecting corner bays, now part of an enterprise centre....