Designed for for Ernest Mathews J.P. “This house and stable? are built of brick and tile, with weather-tiling above the ground floor. The walls are built hollow, and bonded with Jennings’ patent bonding bricks. The roofs are lined with Willesden paper, in addition to boarding. The tiles used are Broseley, Sovereign brand. The architect was Mr. John Richmond, Great College-street, Westminster, and the builders were Messrs. Ekins and Farley, St. Andrew’s-street, Hertford.`Published in The Building News, December 16 1898.