1899 – Haughton House, Phoenix Park, Dublin

Architect: L.A. McDonnell

0001

haughton_house_lgehaughton_house_lge

The building of 1898 was surrounded for many years by poor quality extensions, only the architectural detail around the roof and eaves could be discerned. Built as the Haughton Memorial Restaurant, it was designed in a half-timered neo-Tudor style. Recently restored by the OPW – with the demolition of the extensions and reconstruction of the verendahs.

Latest News

September 26, 2016: ‘Sustaining the Industrial Heritage” – Annual Maura Shaffrey Memorial Lecture
September 22, 2016: Open House Cork looking for volunteers
September 21, 2016: ‘Building Ireland’ return to RTE, September 30


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com