1901 – Glenluiart, Moniave, Dumfriesshire, Scotland

Architect: W. West Neve


Commissioned by Ellen Maria Monteith, a sister of the architect William West Neve. Front Perspective View as published in The Building News , May 11th 1900. Several other buildings by Neve were commissioned by Monteith – the widow of Glencairn Parish Minister John Monteith – in the village including St. Ninian’s Chapel of Ease, and an L-shaped row of cottages at Dunreggan (1906).

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com