Architect: James J. McDiarmid
In 1901, a Grand Lodge of Canada Report stated that “This Grand Lodge is erecting a memorial hall in the city of Winnipeg in memory of the late Brother Thomas Scott, who was executed by the rebel Riel for his loyalty to Queen and country.” Constructed in 1902, at a cost of $21,000, the building measured 50 ft. by 90 ft. with a full basement, mezzanine, third floor dance hall and lodge meeting rooms on the second floor. A major fire in 1943 destroyed the original interior and resulted in extensive alterations at a cost of $19,584.22 and was completed by September, 1943. After the fire, the dance hall was moved to the first floor and rest and cloakrooms were constructed in the basement. A two room caretaker’s suite was added on to the third floor.