1904 – Fusilier’s Arch, St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin

Architect: J. Howard Pentland



A war memorial to the dead of the Dublin Fusiliers, this is regarded as the main entrance to the park of Stephen’s Green. The names of the dead are inscribed on the underside of the archway, through which thousands pass each day and don’t notice.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com