Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1905 – Avalon Hostel, Aungier Street, Dublin

Architect: Henderson & Murray

avalon_lge

Built as the Carmichael School of Medicine in two phases. The original block to the rear dates from 1879 by C.G. Henderson. The more elaborate front section with its ornate decoration and copper roof dates from 1905 and was designed by his partner Albert E. Murray. Now a hostel.

    Read previous post:
    1810 – Baggot Street, Dublin

    Baggot Street is named after Robert, Lord Bagod who was given the Manor of Rath in the 13th century. Baggot...

    Close