Architect: George L. O’Connor
Built in 1905 on a prominent corner site, the Carnegie Free library was designed by George L. O’Connor. Its dominant feature is the corbelled circular in plan, bartizan clock tower. It is finished in local Portmarnock red brick with limestone dressings. Although small in scale, this is a wonderful little building now in danger of being overwhelmed by an adjoining development.
Photographic Copyright 2006 Gerry Byrne