Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1905 – Morrison Chambers, Nassau Street, Dublin

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: Peddie & Washington Browne

easons_lge

easons_detail_lgeeasons_keystone_lge0002

A prime corner site opposite the side entrance to Trinity College, this fine early 20th century building is finished in an austere limestone – constructed for North British & Mercantile Insurance Co. (1900-1905) on the site of the Morrison Hotel. The main entrance to the former commercial office contained within is on the corner underneath the copper dome. Now a branch of Eason’s booksellers and newsagents, the entrance porch still contains ornate decoration.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook1Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1963 – Nassau House, Nassau Street, Dublin

Architect: Lardner & Partners One of three office blocks built along here by Norwich Union in the 1960s destroying a...

Close