1906 – Former Fire Station, Tara Street, Dublin
Designed by the City Architect C.J. McCarthy as one of a series of fire stations around the city. The others included Thomas Street, Dorset Street, & Buckingham Street. None are in use as fire stations today. The building has five bays with large segmental headed openings on Pearse Street and three bays on Tara Street. These are linked by a curved corner bay. The tower on Tara Street is very impressive with five stages and a corbelled balcony. At the base of the tower is the main entrance with original signage.