Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1908 – O’Neill’s Bar, Suffolk Street, Dublin

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone
Architect: G.P. Sheridan

oneils_lge

One of Dublin’s landmark public houses, O’Neill’s is sited on the narrow side Church Street and the more important Suffolk Street opposite St Andrews church. An ebullient Victorian structure with timbered oriel windows, gables and polychromatic brickwork, the interior has survived less well, but still worth a visit (for the Guinness!). Famous for the quality and quantity of its drinkers, part of a ceiling collapsed one night and it was only the arrival of the Fire Brigade that forced the customers to bring their pints out onto Suffolk Street.

Tweet about this on Twitter0Share on Facebook0Share on Google+0Pin on Pinterest0Email this to someone

 

Read previous post:
1920 – Automobile Association, Suffolk Street, Dublin

Architect: George L. O'Connor The offices of the Automobile Association are contained within this ornate office building from the early...

Close