1910 – Carnegie Library, Skerries, Co. Dublin

Architect: Anthony Scott & William Scott



A fine little library originally endowed by Andrew Carnegie, and the result of an architectural competition in 1908. Designed by the father and son firm, the main fa├žade is dominated by the square tower with its two side bays. A staircase rises through one of these bays to the upper floor. The architectural detail is kept to a minimum on the remainder of the building with its simple rectilinear form.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com