1910 – John’s Bridge, Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny

Architect: Alexander Burden

bridge_lge

0048

John’s Bridge, which connects John’s Street with the rest of the city, was originally built after 1200 and was destroyed by the great floods of 1487 and 1763 and subsequently rebuilt each time. The present John’s Bridge was the longest single span ferro-concrete bridge in the British Isles at the time of its completion in 1910

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com