1911 – Hydro Sub Station No.1, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Smith, Kerry & Chace



City Light & Power Company, the first public utility in Western Canada, began operation in 1911. From a generating station on the Winnipeg River electricity flowed through this substation to businesses in the Exchange area.

Latest News

October 14, 2016: Irish Architectural Archive’s new publication ‘House and Home’
October 12, 2016: Desmond Guinness Scholarship 2016 open for applications
October 5, 2016: Newbridge House Study Day

Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com