1911 – University Building, Denver
Designed by top Denver architects William E. Fisher and Arthur A. Fisher, who also designed a handful of downtown Denver banks, including Colorado National, in the early 1900s as well as the Denver Country Club clubhouse. When the 12-story University Building opened as the A.C. Foster Building, named after its first owner, it was one of Denver’s first “high rises,”. Built of steel and concrete, it supposedly was the first “fireproof” building west of the Mississippi River. Its name changed to the University Building in the 1940s, after Foster donated the structure to the University of Denver as an investment property.