Architects: Alexander & William Melville
In 1903 the firm of A. and W. Melville, architects and civil engineers, began operation. This company was responsible for numerous buildings in and around the city. An incomplete list of works includes many Winnipeg Fire Halls, most in a similar style. Built as St. James No. 1 Station, before the amalgamation of the various municipalities into modern-day Winnipeg, this firehall is still in use as Station No. 11.