1915 – Garda Station, Pearse Street, Dublin
Designed for the Dublin Metropolitan Police (DMP) and now the main Garda Station for the south city, Pearse Street Station is a large building in the Scottish Baronial style. Sited on an awkward corner with Townsend Street to the rere, the building manages to turn the corner succesfully with the use of a curved bay. An unusual feature of the building is the ‘keystone cops’, corbelled heads of policemen used to support segmental arches over the doorways. Maintained in good condition, this is an interesting building often overlooked by Dubliners.