1922 – Holy Cross Church, Dubuc Street, Winnipeg

holy_cross_lge

Holy Cross Parish is the oldest English-speaking parish in the St. Boniface Archdiocese, established in 1922. Prior to the founding, many English-speaking Catholic families had taken up residence in the french-speaking city of St. Boniface, the majority of them in the southern part of the city around the post office of Norwood Grove. To attend to their religious duties they had either to go to the Cathedral in St. Boniface, which is French speaking or cross the bridges over the Red and Assiniboine rivers to St. Mary’s in Winnipeg.

Latest News

December 1, 2016: Annual Heritage Angel Awards for Northern Ireland
December 1, 2016: New UAHS book on Young & MacKenzie
November 17, 2016: Winners of the 2016 Wood Awards Ireland are announced


Email Newsletter

Signup to receive email updates of new additions to Archiseek.com