Architect: Board of Works
Combined Garda Station and house for the local Sargent. Probably built by the Board of Public Works between the 1930-50s, when this was a standard arrangement in small towns and villages across Ireland. In use as a Royal Irish Constabulary barracks from the mid nineteenth century, the building was burnt during the ‘Troubles’. Re-modelled ground floor in the early twentieth century to accommodate its current use.