Twitter Facebook Vimeo Youtube Google Plus Pinterest Tumblr

1928 – Canadian Wheat Board, Winnipeg, Manitoba

Architect: Northwood & Chivers

canadianwheatboard2_lge

canadianwheatboard_lge

Two buildings, the original of 1928 by Northwood & Chivers and a later addition of 1962 designed to co-exist with the original facade. The original building has a large doorway opening, a more simple version of that at the Bank of Hamilton building, which unfortunately is no longer used. The extension uses the same window rhythm and size, and concrete ribs to continue the flow of the original building.