Architect: Cuthbert John Brodrick
The former Bank of New South Wales was designed in the Italian Renaissance style by C.J. Brodrick and completed in 1929. The bank building keeps company with two others on the intersection, traditionally known as “Bank Corner”; the former Bank of New Zealand, now the Bethel New Life Centre, was designed in the classical style by F. W. Burwell in 1878 and the former National Bank with its impressive Ionic columns designed by C.J. Brodrick and built in 1926. Illustration published in The Building News, November 27th 1903.